Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Jasprit Bumrah Said Don’t Want To Be Captain Just For Personal Satisfaction

Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah has said that ‘captaincy’ is just a position and that he would never accept it for the sake of ‘personal satisfaction.’

In the ongoing T20I series against Sri Lanka, Bumrah is India’s vice-captain.

“I don’t like to chase things because I don’t want to. See I am a person who believes that God has a plan and everything will find out its own way, so I don’t like to hamper things that are there. I never try to change anything. Whatever role is asked of me I would do it with the best ability that I can. I don’t want to change the whole organization, you are always a leader when you are a senior member of the team so it’s just a post that comes with you,” Bumrah told teammate Ravichandran Ashwin on the latter’s YouTube channel.


“Basically, you try to help all the people in whatever capacity you can. Even in Mumbai Indians, you have got a lot of senior players. But now I am one of the senior players as well so you help the captain, you help everyone. You play the leadership role even when you are not asked to. That’s how I look at it. I never want to, you know, just for personal satisfaction have that okay I want to be in this I have to be the captain. It’s just a post, it’s just a name, you have to do your job and you have to help people in the best way you can,” he added.



Don’t want to be captain just for personal satisfaction,
Source By Google


Further talking about captaincy, Bumrah said:

“Yes, if given an opportunity at any scenario, it would be an honor and I would never ever shy away from that, but it is something that I don’t go looking for, that is how I look at the leadership aspect of the game.”

Bumrah first made his presence known while playing for the Mumbai Indians in the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL), and he has since gone on to become one of India’s best pacers.


Talking about his equation with Rohit Sharma, Bumrah said:

“He has a lot of trusts and that is always the best place for me as a bowler. Because, then, I have got the freedom to do whatever I want to. That is really beneficial for me as a bowler and it’s very important for me going further.”


Also Read:- All IPL Teams After The Auction 2022


“He has had that trust because he has followed whatever I have said, asked for a field and that has worked so the relationship has really developed. Rohit is known for his calm demeanor and leads the team by model, something that has impressed Bumrah,” he added.

Bumrah took a break during the limited-overs series against the West Indies. But he has returned for the present Sri Lanka series.

Post a Comment

0 Comments